Effective Date: January 1, 2023
At GradAchiever, Our mission is to guide and support high school students, their parents, tutors, mentors, service providers and counselors in navigating the college journey. We aim to provide a comprehensive platform for information, resources, and community building to help individuals make informed decisions about their future education. By fostering a culture of collaboration and inclusivity, we strive to empower individuals to achieve their full potential and reach their college and career goals.
Our platform is designed for members by enabling them to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and find opportunities to volunteer, intern, summer programs, scholarships and make decisions with a network of trusted relationships.
GradAchiever is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want you to know how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you and the choices that are available to you.
This online privacy statement applies to GradAchiever, website. It does not apply to the GradAchiever linked out websites listed for scholarships, volunteering , internships, summer program etc. and links shared within blogs or activity streams or any other section of gradachiever platform, those websites have their own online privacy statements.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to children under 13 years of age.
Since we may change this online privacy statement, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this statement, we will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page.
Table of Contents:
- Rights and Limits
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- General Terms
- GradAchiever “Dos and Don’ts”
- Complaints Regarding Content
- How To Contact Us
1.1 Who are we?
GradAchiever is a platform for high school students, parents, counselors, tutors and other educational service providers. The website is hosted by the GradAchiever team headquartered in Phoenix,Arizona USA. Our mission is to provide a free platform and resources for students, parents, counselors, tutors and other educational service providers which guide them to make informed decisions. The platform plays an instrumental role in their journey of high school to the best suited college. Our website address is: https://gradachiever.com/
1.2 What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
We collect the email address and other basic data listed on the registration form.
1.3 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the GradAchiever platform, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register on our platform, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.” As a registered member whatever you post on the website will remain on the website. However you can edit, delete the content posted by you. Other registered members may post or write about you or mention you in their comments.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We log your visits and use of our platform including IP address and hostname.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
2.1 Platform Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
The platform is not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
To use the platform, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age”(described below) or older; and (2) you are not already restricted by GradAcheiver from using the platform. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 13.
“Minimum Age” means 13 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for GradAcheiver to lawfully provide the platform to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such an older age.
2.2 Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites, and contact information. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the platform, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
When you share information on our platform, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our platform allows messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, blogs, group posts, links to news articles, opportunities posting and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Platform). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to GradAchiever connections, Site members).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Platform and can remove it with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to GradAchiever
You own all of the content, feedback and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
As between you and GradAchiever, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Platform, and you are only granting GradAchiver and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Platform and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Platform, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will not include your content in advertisements for the products and services of third parties to others without your separate consent (including sponsored content).
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your content beyond our Platform. However, if you choose to share your post as “public, everyone or similar”, we will enable a feature that allows other Members to embed that public post onto third-party services, and we enable search engines to make that public content findable through their services.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Platform to GradAchiever and you agree that GradAchiever can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your GradAchiever profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). GradAchiever may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change or end any offerings or modify them prospectively.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Platform, is at your own risk.
Others may offer their own products and services through our Platform, and we aren’t responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Platform, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. GradAchiver generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content, information or services. We cannot always prevent this misuse of services provided within our Platform, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news.
GradAchiever is not responsible for the misconduct of any of the members towards other members.
GradAchiever may help connect Members offering their services (career coaching, resources, etc.) with Members seeking services. GradAchiever does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You acknowledge that GradAchiever does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) GradAchiever is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) GradAchiever does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services . If you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses.
Similarly, GradAchiever may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events. You agree that (1) GradAchiever is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) GradAchiever does not endorse any particular event listed on our platform, (3) GradAchiever does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to those terms and conditions that apply to such events.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our platform.
GradAchiever reserves the right to limit your use of the platform, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. GradAchiever reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this contract or the law or are misusing the platform.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
GradAchiever reserves all of its intellectual property rights on the Platform. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. GradAchiever logos and other GradAchiever trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of GradAchiever.
3.6 Automated Processing
We use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others. We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend opportunities to you and you to others. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
This is a GradAchiever disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
GRADACHIEVER AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, GRADACHIEVER AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS GRADACHIEVER HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), GRADACHIEVER, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
4.3 Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and GradAchiever and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if GradAchiever or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
We each can end this Contract, but some rights and obligations survive.
Both you and GradAchiever may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the platform. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can navigate to Profile page -> About -> Account. At the bottom of the settings you will see an option to delete the profile to close your account.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, depending on where you live, you and GradAchiever agree to resolve it in Arizona courts using Arizona law.
7. General Terms
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Platform) is the only agreement between us regarding the Platform and supersedes all prior agreements of the Platform.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that GradAchiever has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that GradAchieve may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 11.
8. GradAchiever “Dos and Don’ts”
GradAchiever is a community of professionals, parents and students. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” along with our Professional Community Policies limit what you can and cannot do on our Platform.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated.
- Use the platform in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on GradAchiever, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use other’s account.
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Platform.
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the platform (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views).
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the platform, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of GradAchiever.
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer)).
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license.
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of GradAchiever, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the platform or any related technology that is not open source.
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by GradAchiever without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited GradAchiever member).
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Platform or related data or access to the same, without GradAchiever’s consent.
- Deep-link to our Platform for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without GradAchiever’s consent.
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Platform, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages.
- Monitor the Platform’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose.
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Platform.
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Platform or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Platform).
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Platform (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and employ appropriate measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure of your information.. We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that is posted on gradachiever.com . There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. How To Contact Us
Our Contact information. Our Help Center also provides information about our Services.
For general inquiries, complaints, legal notices or processes you may contact us online.